It is understandable why Apple could switch out the USB 3.0 ports at the MacBooks for USB-C. this is due to the fact USB-C is predicted to be the new popular in the future and Apple is getting ready for that. But as to why Apple did away with the alternative ports, which include an SD card reader is everyone’s guess.
This has ended in a upward thrust of add-ons which includes dongles and docks, which in case you’re searching out some thing similar, you’ll be pleased to examine that Sonnet has unveiled its new Echo 11 Thunderbolt 3 dock. This dock will offer up MacBook users all the connectivity alternatives that they might need.
Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 3 Dock Features
The Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 3 Dock has just about each port you may need and offers it to you over a single cable. With 87W USB-C strength delivery, it may charge your MacBook pro 15-inch at complete speed, similar to the normal wall plug Apple sends does.
There’s also 5 USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, twin 4K monitor aid via a HDMI 2.0 port and a second Thunderbolt three port. The Sonnet Echo 11 supports Thunderbolt three daisy chaining supplying you with up to five extra Thunderbolt devices off of a single cable.
You’ll find 3 of the USB 3.0 ports at the back of the device, with the alternative being the front dealing with giving you smooth get entry to for charging or syncing your iPhone or iPad.
Display connections include :
– Thunderbolt 3 – Thunderbolt 3 cable
– DisplayPort – USB-C to DisplayPort cable or adapter
– Mini DisplayPort – USB-C to mini DisplayPort cable or adapter
– HDMI – USB-C to HDMI cable or adapter (with Thunderbolt 3 support)
– DVI – USB-C to DVI cable or adapter (with Thunderbolt 3 support)
– Dual-Link DVI – USB-C to HDMI adapter + HDMI to Dual-Link DVI adapter
– VGA – USB-C to VGA cable or adapter (with Thunderbolt 3 support)
– USB-C/DisplayPort – USB-C cable with 4K video support
Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 3 Dock Price
However the Sonnet Echo 11 does not come cheap as it is priced at $299.95. Clearly this is aimed more at the power user rather than your average user. However that being said, there are plenty of alternative and cheaper docks out there if you’re simply looking for USB 3.0 ports, but the Echo 11 could be considered if you’re looking for something more robust.